• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

For those that want a BIG amp

It is in the box next to the grounding stick. I'd have to dig to find the rest of the parts though. The filament transformer and socket have likely been lost in the boxes of junk after moving here.

Lots of 4CX1000A parts too.

Interested in a 3500-0-3500V transformer, 550mA per side?

Interested in a 3500-0-3500V transformer, 550mA per side?

I have an Electro Engineering Co. 3200-0-3200 at 400mA and the power supply choke that was with it so I will say NO for now however I reserve the right to change my mind later. :D

My big transformer for the proposed HF amplifier is an Electro Engineering Co. 3700 volt full wave bridge output at 1.2 amps.I have the power supply choke for it too. (y) Together they make one MF'er of a heavy supply. :laugh: The primary is tapped to allow the output to be 3700, 2775 and 1850 volts output depending on the power setting of the transmitter it came from. It is out of an old RCA BTA1-S transmitter that ran at 250, 500, or 1000 watts. It used a pair of 4-400's in the RF and another pair of 4-400's in the modulator.

I have an Electro Engineering Co. 3200-0-3200 at 400mA and the power supply choke that was with it so I will say NO for now however I reserve the right to change my mind later. :D

My big transformer for the proposed HF amplifier is an Electro Engineering Co. 3700 volt full wave bridge output at 1.2 amps.I have the power supply choke for it too. (y) Together they make one MF'er of a heavy supply. :laugh: The primary is tapped to allow the output to be 3700, 2775 and 1850 volts output depending on the power setting of the transmitter it came from. It is out of an old RCA BTA1-S transmitter that ran at 250, 500, or 1000 watts. It used a pair of 4-400's in the RF and another pair of 4-400's in the modulator.

:sad: You say you are at work the next four days? Wonder if I can get that big transformer across the border through customs?

Well if you can get past the dog, defeat my house alarm and then get past the wife you can have it.Trust me, it ain't worth trying to get past the wife.:D

CK you are a lucky man.

My wife would probaly open the gate, unlock the shack and say "Take all". then she could use the shack for her dog kennel.(y)

No no, my wife would do the same thing if she knew what you were after. She just probably wouldn't wait long enough for you to get a word in edgewise to tell her why you were there.

No no, my wife would do the same thing if she knew what you were after. She just probably wouldn't wait long enough for you to get a word in edgewise to tell her why you were there.

Fair enough.

My Wife came into the shack and listened to me talk some DX, this is of course after she watched me spend weeks putting the antenna farm together and getting it up and running.

After a few Dx stations worked she asked me "Who are you talking to?".

I replied " Some guy in Europe." The she asked me "What do you talk about?"

I replied "We talk about radios and antennas and stuff like that."

She got up out of the chair walked to the door and in parting she said "Why don't you just call him on the phone.":confused:

Fair enough.

My Wife came into the shack and listened to me talk some DX, this is of course after she watched me spend weeks putting the antenna farm together and getting it up and running.

She got up out of the chair walked to the door and in parting she said "Why don't you just call him on the phone.":confused:

Non-radio people just don't understand...

Fair enough.

Answer: Because he was not listed in the phone book. Then duck and run.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.