• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Free banders on 75M

IMD262 said:
KingCobra_CDX882 said:
i am surprised it does not happen regularly

It does, I hear freeband traffic below the 80 meter CW dubband.

Not everything you hear within the US CW subband is from freebanders. Most other countries,including mine here in Canada, do NOT have mode restrictions,just bandwidth restrictions.I can legally run phone on 3505 LSB if I want too. I wouldn't but I could if I wanted.The same is for Europe.Their entire 80m band tops out at 3800.I have had many QSO's with the UK between 3600 and 3800 all of which were 100% legal on both ends. What really ticks me off is the use of 80m by fishermen.The fact that they always use USB (ever see a marine radio with LSB ?) is a dead give away.Also listen to the F-this and F-that language as well and it is not hard to learn who is the fisherman and who is the legal ham using voice outside of the restrictive US bandplan.

In Europe 6.675(?) was a popular "Free Band" but I think it is intended for maritime.

13.985 was another place. I bet just above or below every band there is some activity.

Oh I almost for got, 7.410 +/- is popular for pirates, mostly one way broadcast but ocasionaly you would hear QSO.

As for inband use, alot of no codes use club callsigns or SK calls.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.