• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ft 897D problem

KB3TQO

Mar 26, 2010
Chambersburg PA
Hello all,
I have always run my ft879d on emergency power (lead acid car batts).
Never had a problem till now, when powering up, it acts like it wants to power up but it wont.A series of clicking sounds happen but no power. Yes the batt is good and fully charged and all connections are good This did happen once before but the batt was infact dead. Any ideas? :headbang
pse k

Last edited:

there were reports of a faulty ribbon cable a while back that would cause that.
also a few people had problems with a bad smd 2SJ355 mosfet on the pa board that caused the voltage to drop to around 3vdc.

first thing i would check is to see if the molex plugs are making a good connection.
I had an issue a while back on an icom where the pins inside made enough contact for the voltage to pass but would fail when i needed more current for tx.
I just used a small jewlers type screwdriver to remove the pins from the plastic housing and squeezed the female pins a little tighter, reassembeled, and all was well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.