• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350 and TNC KISS emulation

depark

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 17, 2010
Kelowna, BC
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert the data comming from the built in TNC on the FTM-350? I have the usb data cable pluged into my radio and my laptop. I can get it to work well with UI-View and APRSIS32. No problems at all. I want to use that conection with AGWPE but it requires a KISS TNC. The reason is that I have a custom map set for AGWTracker and is much preferable program to use. I can use AGWPE with my soundcard but I don't like that interface. So in short FTM-350 > Convert to KISS > AGWPE via virtual comm port.
I have tried to find an inexpensive TNC but I can't find one that will connect to the FTM-350.
Thanks for any sugestions.

You can't use the TNC in the FTM-350 for KISS. It's only for the built in APRS functionality.

Using an external TNC should just be a matter of making a cable for the radio and TNC. What have you looked at the doesn't work with that rig?

Using an external TNC should just be a matter of making a cable for the radio and TNC. What have you looked at the doesn't work with that rig?

That is my problem, finding a cable that will work with the FTM-350. I can't find anyone that makes one. I amnot partcular about which TNC I just hope to only spend $100 or less. Ant sugestions on the cable and a quality TNC?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned