• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350AR TNC?

VA3WPN

Jan 7, 2012
Im wondering if anyone has attempted, or figured out how, to make the software TNC in the Yaesu FTM-350AR's work as a regualr TNC. Currently the TNC is not Bidirectional, via external devices. The data port will only output information to my laptop, it will not allow for manipulation via the laptop. This prevents me from using it as a REAL TNC, and keeping me from doing packet, or data comms.
There has to be a way to do this, either via some convoluted menu settings, or a modification of the firmware. It is byond my scope to modify firmware, or even try to understand it. I am hoping that someone else has figured out a solution, or can help me put one together.

There is no way to do what you're wanting to do with this rig. The Kenwood TM-710GA is the rig that will do exactly what you're asking for without any hassle. The Kenwood TH-D72 HT also works if you want a low power version.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.