• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gain-Master on top off 3 el yagi

pjatt

Jul 25, 2008
Is it ok to put a Gain-Master on top off a 3 el yagi ? abaut 2,5 -3 meters above the yagi .

Not shure if im right but i "heard" something reagarding Gain-Master dont "play" well near other antennas/metallobjects.

73:s

Pjatt

Is it ok to put a Gain-Master on top off a 3 el yagi ? abaut 2,5 -3 meters above the yagi .

Not shure if im right but i "heard" something reagarding Gain-Master dont "play" well near other antennas/metallobjects.

73:s

Pjatt

It was my experience that the Gain Master showed an irregular VA1 analyzer bandwidth curve for the match below about 19' feet, and above that height the curve was normal. That could have just been a fluke at my location however. I didn't retest and I didn't see much if any affects in this regard when I did the same using my inline SWR meter. The SWR curve was a little different, but the shape of the curve was perfectly normal.

My contention was that something being too close to the choking coil might have caused what I saw, due to the Earth or something on the ground. It is also possible height might have mitigated the problem. So, your results may differ.

Other's have agreed with this finding, but I don't know how or what they experienced.

The Imax/A99's have coils in the base, and the same could possibly happen there, but experience tells us otherwise, so you might just have to try the idea.

Keep us posted on your results.

Last edited:
From Sirio's Installation Manual

"# Be sure that the antenna is installed at least 3 meters above
the roof of the nearest building and 5-6 meters above or
away from any metal objects in the area."

I do not have this antenna yet so I am not posting from personal experience. Hope this helps out. Best of luck.

linky: http://www.gain-master.it/Id-406 Gain master.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
"# Be sure that the antenna is installed at least 3 meters above
the roof of the nearest building and 5-6 meters above or
away from any metal objects in the area."

I do not have this antenna yet so I am not posting from personal experience. Hope this helps out. Best of luck.

linky: http://www.gain-master.it/Id-406 Gain master.pdf

Very good find for information on the Gain Master, gamegetter.

on page 3 of manual

Sirio recomends mounting the GM at minimum 3 meters above roof, and as far as possible from walls, power lines and other antennas.

The quote i posted above is in the trouble shooting part: if you are unable to obtain an acceptable SWR, so I hope I didn't take it out of context.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.