• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 2547 getting hung up

bigred222 said:
So Ray I must ask. When is galaxy comming out with a new base rig for me to purchase.

I'd like to look at doing a 10-meter version of the DX2547. Something with maybe 100-150 watts out with two Toshiba 2SC2290s but that might mean no onboard power supply. Similar to what Icom does with their small low priced base/mobile models. Change the LEDS to LCD and go out 6-8 digits with a real VFO instead of a channel selector for those fussy SSB operators.

8)

GRTS said:
Check the transmit and receive switching transistors Q33 and Q30 respectively.

Collector of Q33 should be 8.0vdc in TX and 0.0vdc in RX.
Collector of Q30 should be 0.0vdc in TX and 8.0vdc in RX.

Make sure the negative lead on your voltmeter is attached to PC board ground and not chassis ground.

This is the best place to start when troubleshooting a TX or RX problem.

Also I got your PM request for the clarifier control and thought we had worked a deal out on that.
I send you the clarifier control and you give me my Galaxy logo avatar back....

What do you think guys, sound like a fair trade?

8)

-Ray
Galaxy Radios

like i said you Da man
check for a z diode leak or a cap leak so cap not up to par will do this to :)
and ya well the logo is worth more though :p lol

GRTS said:
bigred222 said:
So Ray I must ask. When is galaxy comming out with a new base rig for me to purchase.

I'd like to look at doing a 10-meter version of the DX2547. Something with maybe 100-150 watts out with two Toshiba 2SC2290s but that might mean no onboard power supply. Similar to what Icom does with their small low priced base/mobile models. Change the LEDS to LCD and go out 6-8 digits with a real VFO instead of a channel selector for those fussy SSB operators.

8)

fu$kin SwEeeeeeeet :)
and ya you prob have to at the least have a 30amp supply :(

bigred222 said:
ok ill get you that number you need.

Received your info yesterday except for your name so I apologize for calling if you were busy. Boxed and sent out that clarifier control you wanted in todays US mail so you should receive it in 2-3 days. If you need anything else just drop me an email as I hate using the forums PM system. Thanks again for the avatar.

8)

Ray@GalaxyRadios.com

Id like to make it known that RAY ROCKS HARD!!That clarifier control didnt cost me a PENNY! THANK YOU RAY. Ray if you need anything, Strippers women with large knockers you give me a call i make arrangements for you. 73's RAY
worldclass 202's GALAXY station is ON THE AIR!!!

and ray please keep me EXTREMELY UPDATED about that new rig. Ill be like those people who camped out to get the playstation 3 for one of those. So just keep me updated. And if i could influence a little bit, tell them to shoot for about 250 watts. A good amount of power, but nothing crazy to really kill the neighbors.

and ray please keep me EXTREMELY UPDATED about that new rig. Ill be like those people who camped out to get the playstation 3 for one of those. So just keep me updated. And if i could influence a little bit, tell them to shoot for about 250 watts. A good amount of power, but nothing crazy to really kill the neighbors.

Yes where is this new base?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.