• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 3600 board TX Audio Bandwidth widen question

Crazy_D

Aug 22, 2006
Dear Techs, (DTB? Justin?)

I am wondering how to widen the TX Audio Bandwidth frequency response of a Galaxy 66v mobile (or any of those boards as the input mic preamp circuit is pretty much the same across the board. The specs say its 450hz-2500hz transmitter response and I want to go lower and higher. I want more lower end and more higher end for use with different broadcast mics.

I say that Justin had some parts to change out in the 148/Grant to do that, and I am wondering if the same thing can happen in the export radios.

Thanks in advance!

Because I want to do this as a project for my station with a couple of my Heil and Shure mic setups. If you feel better to tell this to me via pm, thats cool. I just want a wider fresponse with these mics and some things I want to try with my tube eq and dsp eq mic setups. Thanks

exactly, I want to widen AF for both AM and SSB use for more of the "hi-fi" sound, which isnt going to happen as much with a 450-2500hz response, wheras a unit with <300-3000+ response would be better suited, however I only use 3600 boards for 11meters as my other radios do not work well on 11meters. Thanks

I can understand wanting better fidelity, but for SSB, it may not be as good as you think. Most SSB receivers have narrower filters than for AM, and wont hear your extra fidelity anyway. It may even end up a bit distorted due to the more complex math involved with modulation in a SSB signal.

Hi DTB,

I just want better fidelity and a wider frequency range for AM use for use as well with my full range mics, as the range of the radio is speced at 450-2500hz which I feel needs to be widened for more fuller, articulate sound. I have been studying the schematics for awhile but dont know which specific components to look at to change the response.

Thanks!

My first post.
I would leave it alone. Just as the two have told you.
The fidelity you are looking for will not be gained on ssb.
Like DTB said The 99 and 88 have a very narrow filter.
Second, that must be a Rare 66v, cause I have not
seen one with ssb.

The main purpose is AM (with the 66v). Then on my other 3600 radios (99, saturn, etc..) I use ssb. My main goal is for AM response. Thanks

The resistor between C187 and C191 is R235, which is a 15K, I assume this is the one your talking about. R238 is between C191 and VR13. Thanks, I also pm'ed you as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.