• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 77

sounds strange roadrunner ? Have you had the radio long ? have a buddy that just recently was having a problem with a 148 GTL .....it was kind of a brain fart on his part though ...he had the swr switch on the radio switched in the wrong place so he thought there was something wrong with his radio (meter) ...he was somewhat relieved to find out he just had the switch in the wrong position. Good Luck to you

I've had the radio for about three years i think the meter will work a little on receive it will go to a 2 unless your sitting close to whoevers talking on transmitt it works fine. I talked to a tech he said it could be something in the radio that went bad or the meter its self could be going bad.

few things you could try ,take a jewlers screwdriver ,there's set like screws on both sides of the meter under a scotch like piece of tape ,you can work them carefully "SLIGHTLY" back and forth ...sometimes that will loosen stubbord meter needles,could also be a major static build up , you can use static sheets ,or a que-tip full of everyday fabric softerner on the meter to discharge any static that might be there. New meters are fairly cheap ,5 to 10 bucks and can be easily changed by ones self.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.