• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 959 Extra Channel Problems

iceman78

Feb 15, 2009
2 nights ago was the first time i have used extra channels in around 15 or so years. me and 2 others headded up to channel 50 (27.505). After a few minutes they told me i sounded distorted (like i was slipping away)and eventually i lost them. My friends did catch me however it was on channel 47. i didnt touch the radio at all but looking down the freq ctr. showed 27.475. this was puzzling how i just drifted down there from ch. 50.

yesterday morning i flipped thr 2 switches and i was taken to ch. 50 where it remained for the half hour long ride.

Today I threw the switches (same combination which takes me to 50) and i was taken to ch. 47. something is obviously not right, so if any pros out there can help set me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2 nights ago was the first time i have used extra channels in around 15 or so years. me and 2 others headded up to channel 50 (27.505). After a few minutes they told me i sounded distorted (like i was slipping away)and eventually i lost them. My friends did catch me however it was on channel 47. i didnt touch the radio at all but looking down the freq ctr. showed 27.475. this was puzzling how i just drifted down there from ch. 50.

yesterday morning i flipped thr 2 switches and i was taken to ch. 50 where it remained for the half hour long ride.

Today I threw the switches (same combination which takes me to 50) and i was taken to ch. 47. something is obviously not right, so if any pros out there can help set me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
I do not claim to be a pro, but it seems to be your radio needs one of 2 things...either an alignment, or a new pll chip. Time to send it to the shop of your choice. Or part with it. In which case I would like it. I love me some 959 :)

GALAXY 959

It probably needs aligned, and if it has been aligned a new pll chip.

I have a 959, and have suffered NO problems with it, it was done at Sparkys, although the unit is in the area of 4 years old.

DOCTOR/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.