• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 959

godcobra

Jan 16, 2012
Hello I have one trouble whit this radio the limiter q39 was removed and I restore the limiter whit new transistor but wen I put the limiter I dont have modulation
If I remove the limiter I have modulation but I have very bad modulation on ssb
Does any one have the solution thanks

are you putting the right trans in for it. also some guys will turn the vR's off when they pull the limiter for some reason. have you verified the VR's are turned up when you put the limiter back in place.

The simple answer is there is something else altered in that circuit. So there is no other way than to look at the schematic and compare parts on that board; that is where it may get rough. But not necessarily difficult. The logic is that now with the right part in place/Q39, it is creating a dead short instead of flowing signal. I would look for some kid of shunt or perhaps a diode where it doesn't belong. A guess; but it makes sense . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.