• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 959

pat

Mar 20, 2006
hi need help. question ? galaxy 959. if i turn vr16 i get an increase in modulation? am i correct? Is this ok to do? also how much can i turn it? is it really that easy. thank you. pat

hi again. yes i'm new to this. but i want to learn. want to do some mod myself if not to complicated. help.

Pyra Ted said:
broncoman529 said:
Pyra Ted said:
Just turn it all the way to the right like everone else does.

Just have it done by someone that knows what they are doing. People who give advice like that are the ones who destroy radios. :roll:
Don't mislead the fella with that someone who knows what they are doing crap.
He knows what pot to turn let him turn it.

Mislead him? Misleading someone is having a person who does not know much about radios turning random pots. The reason I give that advice to people is because I have been on the bad side of people being inside a radio, It has cost me a lot of money over the years to fix peoples screw ups. I have the knowledge to replace components that fail, But I do not have the correct equipment to peak and tune or align a radio properly so I leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. If you want to teach him that is fine, But to tell him to just turn the pot all the way to the right is the wrong advice. By turning that all the way in any direction can easily overload the circuit and do damage. I say use the proper equipment and don't risk damage to the radio.

hi again. i still would like to learn. have to start somewhere. i have a little now how. maybe just enough mess something up. but still would like to try something simple and go from there. would like to add extra channels to my 959. went to cb tricks and looked at the mod seems simple enough. 2 switches spliced between 2 wires. am i right or not ? if it is not tell me. would there be anything to do after this. maybe an alignment? would there be anything else?

I would repost your questions in the CB Radio part of this forum, It seems to me that not very many people look at the Tech Bench area to much. You will probably get more correct information there. As far as online modifications go, Some are correct and some are not. If I remember correctly after any channel modification an alignment should be done on both receive and transmit. A signal generator is needed for the receive side of the alignment. So go repost in CB RADIO and I am sure a bunch of people will jump in to help you learn. Hope this helps.

Pyra Ted said:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you care to explain?

I have not once seen you add one piece of information that would be relevant to this person's question.

Pyra Ted said:
Just turn it all the way to the right like everone else does.
Is certainly the "HACK" way of doing things!

So Mr. Intelligence please explain to me what it is you think I don't know what I am talking about.

Boy, It's funny how Doc's electronics does most of the work on my radios and never turns the pot all the way to the right...Oh wait a minute he must be the 1% of shops that don't....Oh and DTB Radio, He didn't turn the modulation pot all the way to the right on my Realistic TRC-448(He must be part of that 1% that doesn't either!). I am done talking to you!!!

hi again. i did the extras mod. seems to be working good. i was surprised the freq. display even shows the new freq. i did not think the freq display would work with this mod. went on 26.885 got nothing but good reports. thanks for the help pat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.