• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 95t2 or Rci 2970dx pros & cons

From what I have seen and heard from others,The better choice would be the 2970.Clean audio,great recieve( can have some extra white noise),and plenty of power.However,I know some people who say that 95T2 is a great radio on AM and the 2970 is a great radio on SSB.So with that being said,I would imagine you should decide based on which you talk on more,SSB or AM.I personally have ran both Galaxy's and RCI's and think they are both great radios,but if it were my choice I would pick the 2970dx.Have fun which ever way you go,and 73's!

Reactions: nickleusa
I have to generally agree with Ratchet. The 2970 would be my choice for both AM and SSB, simply because its designed to take more vibration (uses surface-mount as opposed to through-hole, which makes it more immune to inerta effects from vibration). As for echo, if you like that, it can easily be added.

DTB Radio said:
I have to generally agree with Ratchet. The 2970 would be my choice for both AM and SSB, simply because its designed to take more vibration (uses surface-mount as opposed to through-hole, which makes it more immune to inerta effects from vibration). As for echo, if you like that, it can easily be added.

How do these radios generally respond to cold weather?It has been in the 10's and 20's here for the last week or so and I was wondering how would the 2970dx be with the LCD.I know my trucks radio is just a bit slow at times in the display part but otherwise works well.Thanks.

Ratchet said:
How do these radios generally respond to cold weather?
I have only heard of one instance where the "display" cracked and that was at below 0 degress.

You shouldn't have any problems with the display, at least I haven't had any. We had temps down to 15 here several times and the radio worked just fine. This is with the 2950dx.

Ratchet said:
Hey Bimmer hope to hear you out there locally once you get it!I talk on 27,20, and 38 lsb.Hit me up sometime!I am out near Woodfield Mall!

Will do, Ratchet as soon as I purchase one. I'm by Addison & Western in Chicago.

Nice Bimmer,right near a favorite place of mine to visit in the summer. Or at least its a little east of ya.Anyway,I work in Rosemont,so hit me up once you are up and running! :p

Ratchet said:
How do these radios generally respond to cold weather?It has been in the 10's and 20's here for the last week or so and I was wondering how would the 2970dx be with the LCD.I know my trucks radio is just a bit slow at times in the display part but otherwise works well.Thanks.

I haven't heard a single customer complaint about either radio related to cold weather issues.

Well today drove down to Belgium, Illinois by Champaign to Sparky's CB Shack brought the RCI 2970DX. Al gave me a great price, great honest person to do business with. Listen to the radio on the way back to Chicago, I got nothing but great reports from the drivers out there. I like this radio and it's a keeper. Many Thanks guys again for your feed back.

Bimmer said:
Well today drove down to Belgium, Illinois by Champaign to Sparky's CB Shack brought the RCI 2970DX. Al gave me a great price, great honest person to do business with. Listen to the radio on the way back to Chicago, I got nothing but great reports from the drivers out there. I like this radio and it's a keeper. Many Thanks guys again for your feed back.

Yeah, Al has done up few radios for me as well. No problems he's a good guy to do business with.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.