• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 99V Bad sounding SSB

the other thing is after I tuned to offsets to the way I mentioned. usb says 27.383 (on the radios counter) but its actually on frequency and has good audio bandwidth.
all the other modes say 27.385 but as I said, if I tune it properly on usb its way off to the right on the scope and in unintelligible.
so the if filter sucks ass
I have a question. Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I do not have the schematic for the FC and have no idea how it works.

Assuming the crystal filter passband simply drifted a little (as opposed to getting narrower), wouldn't it be possible to move the other modes by 2kHz as well (even though you don't technically have to) making all modes off by the same amount, then use the trim cap on the counter to bring it back up to where it should be??

Edit: Found the schematic. I don't this will work out well, at least not across the whole channel dial. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 357
When we align a sideband radio, the carrier oscillator gets done first, since channel frequencies depend on a proper setting. My monitor will still be listening to the radio's carrier frequency when I put on the antenna to key it on channel 37 LSB. Key the mike, carrier tone comes out of the 10.6975 MHz the bench monitor was set to. Never paid attention to how much IF-frequency energy can leak out of these radios. Not until I heard it by accident.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.