• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 2527 base help!

Music Man

Sep 17, 2014
Hello all,
Im working on trying to bring this radio back to life. When I received it it had no tx power at all. I replaced finals and pre driver which seemed to be good anyway and then set the driver bias so that it was pulling 60 MA. I then had about a watt output. then after more tweaking and checking I put my DVM probe on one of the pre driver leads and keyed up it made the audio buzz and put out 20+ watts. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why that caused that. checked all voltages which everything seem off on the base but all collector voltages were right except in am was a little high. Well anyway I shut it down to go to bed, then when I go to play with it today I am still only seeing a watt, but now my meter trick doesn't work and I have no voltage at all on pre driver. Anyone have any ideas? Help will be greatly appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.