• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GALAXY DX 959 40 CHANNEL SIDEBAND should I get one??

sluggo

Aug 11, 2010
Hey folks im looking to get back into cb once again and wanted some opinions on this radio galaxy dx949 sideband. Im a old school cb'er from the 70's and 80's and always used realistics or cobras in the vehicles back then. I was looking to get a cobra 148 gtl but people have told me the new ones are not good.. true or false?? Any help would be appreciated thanks. SORRY FOLKS I MEANT THE DX 949 MISS TYPE.

Hi, sluggo. Not a bad Radio but you may want to look at a RCI 2950 just a great radio all around. The RX is great along with very good audio, not super loud but very clean audio. They are also very stable and stay on Freq. and for SSB well hard to beat them for the price.

Hope this may help.
73rds.

Unit 243

A RCI-2950 can be had for $120/used. Better than the Galaxy radios are - for SSB stability. But once the Galaxy warms up - and if you can keep it in a warm environment - it will be stable after 5-10 minutes. However, the Galaxy transmit audio is better than the RCI. So is the receive audio.

a galaxy 959 can be had from sparky's with a tune for the sum of around $125. can't beat that with a stick. and, get the 959, not the 949. simply having the freq counter means alot, IMHO.

a galaxy 959 can be had from sparky's with a tune for the sum of around $125. can't beat that with a stick. and, get the 959, not the 949. simply having the freq counter means alot, IMHO.

Is that a "new" 959 or a used one that been checked out and tuned/modded? Pretty good price if that's new or used even...

What is sparky's? Must not have been around or I forgot since I been out of radio for the last 5 years or so, or more.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.