• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX-959 blue led's

I know how to do the swap but those tips will help others, i was wondering how you did the rx/tx and rb swap? Those are a different led not a bulb 3mm type. Do you cut the rx/tx out, off the board, then hot glue a blue/red rx/tx 3mm in? When switching any radio's colors, some dont do the rx/tx, looks un-finished to me, lol.

Thanx, Loosecannon. I didnt even know their name, lol. I just looked on fleabay, no duel changing colors like we would want. Im guessing the trick is clipping the piss-yellow lead, leave the red TX, the brightness from the blue ch display shines thru the lens? I wont name the 2 techs, but they used to leave em piss-yellow and looked horrible till i pointed it out. Thanx for the comeback!!

i would think that galaxy uses a red/blue one in one of their radios that comes stock with a blue display, but im not positive.

if you search around the galaxy section of cbtricks, you might find a part number for a red/blue SMT LED for the rx/tx light.

good luck,
LC

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.