• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX55V...Looking to set up and use for keydowns

Get a 148, Grant XL/LT or a Cobra 29/Uniden PC-76XL/78LT with a carrier control added.

Ask around the "key-down" crowd. They'll tell you what they have found most effective for their particular needs. No fancy technical explanations, just their trial-and-error experience.

I have a Uniden 68 which I added a variable to..I'm going to run the Galaxy because it's single 2SC1969 final, and it's got all the channels.

works best for me when i key my setup

the export radios are great when running maybe 1- box,they have great audio,modg. etc. butwhen i pull to the line to key,my cobra that has been tuned and has a varible on it,it works alot better. as long as you can ajust your carrier,dead key- a cobra or a radio like this has allways worked better for me it just seems like the driver is not driven to death, and when it hits your main box everything seems to do better together, for me anyway! dont get me wrong i like a good 10 meter radio it just seems like they dont do as good when keying, but they sound great if they are ajusted proper,and will talk skip great. droping the maul from time to time in j-ville n.c. good luck :D

55v for keydown????

thats really a waist of money for 3 reason

1 the price of the radio why pay tha tkinda money and get the front end wiped

2. corba 25 or 29 will work on just about any setup

3. most export are junk even to have as a normal radio they drift and lose rx&tx any many other thing go wrong also with them i could be here all day

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.