• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX959 user's review

I am sorry if I was fighting this... I was just going by what I thought was good information on cbradiomag. I thought if a trusted guy like him had a whole article dedicated to it it was okay. When I had just started in CB radio I turned up my modulation pot just like the article said. I had great results. I used that radio for 4 years after that with no problems.

if you insist on getting in the radio and doing some turning of adjustments,, at least hook up a second radio with no antenna and a good set of headphones so you can monitor your audio as you adjust it

Everything the tech guys are saying is right.

As far as Ranger goes...they have become increasingly difficult when I comes to warranty work. Sometimes they're backed up 6 weeks. At the same time I've had them suggest cutting down an 8 turn coil to 4 turns before. Guess what that looked like in a scope.

Increasing your modulation inside a bit isn't going to hurt anything. Its's not rocket science. Well...but it is physics. At any rate; do you like it turned up? Does it sound good? Great. While these guys are right on, sometimes ya just gotta say, "lighten' up Al".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything the tech guys are saying is right.

As far as Ranger goes...they have become increasingly difficult when I comes to warranty work. Sometimes they're backed up 6 weeks. At the same time I've had them suggest cutting down an 8 turn coil to 4 turns before. Guess what that looked like in a scope.

Increasing your modulation inside a bit isn't going to hurt anything. Its's not rocket science. Well...but it is physics. At any rate; do you like it turned up? Does it sound good? Great. While these guys are right on, sometimes ya just gotta say, "lighten' up Al".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im guessing that "cutting an 8 turn coil down to 4" comment was in regards to a dual final mod?

if so, the reason they tell you to do that is because in the single final radios like the galaxy 959, it uses a 7 turn coil.
if you look at the schematic for a 2517, which is the same, except it has dual finals, they use a 4 turn coil.

im not defending their position, just pointing out one possible reason for it.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.