• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy melanka-tx meter reads wrong

pathfinder259

Jan 18, 2007
magee,,mississippi
hi there,,,i have a galaxy melanka base radio,,it has the ept-3600-14b pc board...the problem with this radio is that the tx meter pegs the right corner when radio is keyed..vr-8 adjustment does not change this..even with the dead key turned down to 1/2 watt it still pegs the meter....so far i have replaced vr-8,,i have checked the diodes d-86,,and d-87 they are good..i have also changed c-164..no change..i am thinking of trying to change vr-8 from a 100 k ohm varister,to a 500 k ohm....any ideas are appreciated.......thanks in advance........

maybe the meter itself is shot ? sounds like your doing a awful lot concerning the meter , no offence meant . In 1997 I had one of those Melaka's , I traded a Sony 2010 shortwave radio for it and I've been sorry I did ever since. The radio had also been in mint condition , it just didn't do "it" for me and I traded down for a first run 148GTL . I hope you figure out what the problem is 259. Maybe you could look up GRTS and ask him , he may even know where you could get a replacement meter for it . Good luck to you man.

Sounds like something is shorted in the TX meter circuit, probably to some voltage source outside of the TX meter circuit. Look for metal debris around the TX meter circuits. I've seen that happen a number of times. You may also have a shorted part that is NOT in the meter circuit, but is connected to it as part of a switching circuit or steering circuit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.