• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy saturn trouble

excavator701

May 23, 2005
i have a galaxy saturn everything on the saturn work great except for the echo when i first got this radio off someone else i tryed the echo flipped the switch and got a generated pulsating sound that absolutlet took all the modulation and it only happens when you key the mic with gain on radio and mic totally off!!! i took the radio to my local tech he went thru it couldnt find nothing told me that me echo board was shot!! ok so after alot off research i located another echoboard when it got here i plugged it in with the same result i am clueless as to whats causeing this but i would like to get it fixed so i can use echo so all the techs out here please scratch your head and figure this out for me!! my freind told me he had a mod kit put in one of his radios and it done the same thing could this be possible for my radio and where would i look to see if this was done to my radio???

You will probably have to try another tech. The radio will need to be on a bench and traced to find this one I believe.... I've never encountered that specific problem in a Saturn before, so I have no specific suggestions to make, other don't don't use echo.

it only happens when you key the mic with gain on radio and mic totally off!!!

this statement kinda confuses me ......are you saying with the gain turned totally off on both the mic and the radio that this is when that happens??

what happens if you have the gain up on the radio and the mic ?are you able to use echo at all then?usually when thier is a echo problem changing in a new board will fix it .this isnt the case here i guess.have you tried different mics on it to rule out a bad mic??the echo in those radios arent all that great to begin with ...if the radio works good without echo why not go ahead and get a extreme echo mic handheld or something .even when that echo does work in that radio ..its a set it n forget it type ,gotta open the radio to set the echo ...you could try a add on echo box as well like the mobile max or something .....if you want it fixed just send it to dtb radio ...he fixed a radio for me and turn around time was great.so i reccomend dtb.....

no i was just stating with the gain and stuff turned down it would still do it it also deos it with the gain up it deosnt matter like i said its like a generated pelsating sound that overides all modulation i have also tryed 3 or 4 different mics with same results i might send it to dtb. if they want to look at it!!!!!!!!not unless someone knows of anybody else!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.