• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy saturn

curlyjoe2378

Sep 16, 2011
Hello all I recently purchased a used galaxy it has a slight Hummer in the TX none in the rx. Your thoughts? ?? I think bad caps in the audio synthesizer. I have more audio than hum can be heard clear on all bands just can hear it a little in the dead key.just wonder if I should take it to the radio man or ride sally ride grip. Also I haven't dropped any watts keys a .25 swings twenty.

So is the hum gone after you fixed the coax connection?

If not, hook the Saturn up via DC to a DC power supply (10 amp or more) and see if the hum exists. If it's gone, then the AC filter caps need replaced. Chances are that's the underlying problem.

Peaking and tuning Galaxy bases well above factory specs sends the power supply and filter caps to premature deaths.

That seem to fix it thanks for all the help I knew something was loose because it just started on afternoon after working fine all day and by fine I mean ssb dxing. I don't think this radio has ever been modded.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.