• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General lee vs cobra 29 mosfet

fireman32_14

Jun 11, 2011
I'm debating on which radio to put in my truck, general lee or cobra 29 with a MOSFET final and an echo board. Which one of these would have more if a loud mean sound to it

I have a Cobra 29 Black Chrome, with mosfet, does a real clean 40 watts, that I will never give up. But, I am not an export fan either. The General can be a good radio if it is set up properly by a good tech. Dont get an audio monster hack job, it will sound like crap!

I've never heard a GL that sounded bad. Probably still the #1 choice of truck drivers. And you have the built in channels and FM too. I don't see the point in spending all this money modifying and adding things to a 29 when you get all these features and more in an Export.

I already have both radios I'm just deciding which one to use and I have no way of testing which one would sound loudest which is what I'm goin for, it will be run barefoot btw

What Wire Weasel said.......just whatever options you want on a radio, up to you. I picked the 29 cause I was only an AM'r.....I am also not a big echo guy, pick your weapon. Run them both and see which one gets the best reports!

is the general lee a export? if so, id get the cobra 29. that is if your a AM'er.

Loudest? They'll be about the same. Flip a coin.

Not to start a war on Radios, But the Cobra 29 has one final, The General Lee has 2 finals. There would be no way that the Cobra 29 could do the same as the G.L. I have had several G.L.'s JMO. The only way the Cobra could be as loud as the G.L. is with an RFX 75 installed in the back of the Cobra 29.

I've never heard a GL that sounded bad. Probably still the #1 choice of truck drivers. And you have the built in channels and FM too. I don't see the point in spending all this money modifying and adding things to a 29 when you get all these features and more in an Export.
cause if it were me and i was [am] only id buy a cobra 29 and a small 2 pill amp
then tell me who,s louder and spent less money doing it.. i already know did this many years ago when i first started in radios.those guys with there galaxy 33,44,55,66
use to wonder why i did better.....lol

I would go with the Cobra 29 if I were you simply because the Homeland Security now looks for exports at weight stations and will have to sent to Guantanamo for merely possessing it in a commercial vehicle.

Not to start a war on Radios, But the Cobra 29 has one final, The General Lee has 2 finals. There would be no way that the Cobra 29 could do the same as the G.L. I have had several G.L.'s JMO. The only way the Cobra could be as loud as the G.L. is with an RFX 75 installed in the back of the Cobra 29.

or a 1446 added to the chassis
smileyvault-stirthepot.gif

@ Tower dog, dont forget the cock meat sandwiches at Guantanamo bay

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.