• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Genesis G59

spickus

Dec 10, 2009
I don't know if anyone is interested but Genesis Radio is shipping their G59s now. I'm nearly done building mine and am quite pleased so far. Here's a few pics.

1288916968040.jpg

1289068287033.jpg

1289357863647.jpg

imag0025hi.jpg

And a few more with some video.

It's not plug and play but the documentation is fairly good and the receiver is excellent so far. I need to pick up a few parts missing from my kit and finish the construction this week and mount it in the enclosure the weekend. I'm eagerly awaiting my GPA10.

Yes, the case in on the long table in the first pic. It doesn't need optional filters, it's SDR. It's akin to a home brew Flex.

How many hours of soldering did you do, wow that looks like a lot of tiny parts for that bare looking board ..

I haven't kept an an accurate account but I think I probably have 32ish hours in it. I believe I can finish the main board assembly in another 4-6 hours. I still have to figure out how to stick it in the box. I'll then have a 10mW 160-6M SDR transceiver until I complete the GPA 10.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.