• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Get this before it's gone!

Those are some great radios,I had one back in the early 90s and loved it !!( and it was stable after adding a channel kit) But 300$ for it??

I guess it is well worth it to someone

Wow you are correct, it's a classic. A classic case of flea bay bs. If only someone could control the prices of items they know aren't worth that much, and yet someone will buy it thinking they got a deal!!

I understand it is people's right to list things for whatever they want, but it creates such problems with pricing. I don't know where these people that started it got their pricing. The problems it creates is that other people who have similar items for sale believe that is what their product is worth. When these storage locker and estate auction buyers go to sell their stuff that they know nothing about, they look at active auctions of similar items instead of completed auctions. So they say "hey I see two of these listed for this much so my thing is worth this much too." Then someone else goes to list one and says "there are three of these listed for this much, so mine must be worth that."

I've been looking for a Cobra 146 GTL on ebay and they are all listed with "buy it now" for $80, $120, $140. Go to a "completed auction" search and see all the purchased 146's with the price in green at a fraction of the unsold listed in red. Sadly, there was one that I was watching that started their bidding at $45 and $22 for shipping. I wasn't paying that much, and neither did anyone else. So it didn't sell for $45 so the owner relisted it, buy it now only for $80. Priced just like the other 3 radios that have been listed for several months without being sold. :headbang

Its a classic! Put the word classic infront of anything an it instantly gets bloated in value.

The side mic Grants were "Classics".....front mic not so much. NIB takes on a new meaning when the item has been sitting in a humid storage locker for decades.

I have one of these radios and it is a nice radio but not worth 299.00 at all even though it is new in the box. I have a galaxy 347 freq counter on mine and it has channels off the PLL . gave 50.00 for mine about 10 years ago and it still works great.

for 300.00 you can buy a nice radio that will run that uniden in the mud

That is doubtful. Aside from the fact that this dude smoked or sniffed something before coming up with his price, it is still a solid performing radio. I dare say that the SSB stability, and powerful audio on SSB and even AM surpasses most of the export radios. An honest price for this radio may be up to $120 to $150, add a small amp for another $150-$200 and you'll spank most of the $300 and $400 exports and it will probably last longer to boot.

My brother in law likes these radios a lot and he about fell out of the chair when I showed him this lol. The seller has HIGH hopes for sure, maybe stick some fake diamonds and gold dip it and call it a legends model, that will help with the pricing lol, seriously though, where do these people get their pricing from? That's the million dollar question, if only someone could make a book listing "real world pricing" we could have some resolve to the issue that has become so abundant on the eBay scene. Like posted above, people want too much and what happens is they sit on it til they find some one dumb enough to actually buy it. Sucks for some, but for anyone who knows, it's saddening as you know what the real value is. Oh well sorry but this thread really gets me fired up, I have been doing flea bay for a while now and seems as of late people are getting more and more away from reality with their pricing!! Buyers beware!! That is what I got to say about that. God bless.

The pricing may reflect the sellers plan to offset the 'ebay tax'. Everything on ebay costs about 40% more than it should because by the time ebay and PayPal get done taking out all the damn fees about 40% of any profit is gone. So like any business that is faced with increased costs it is passed on to the consumer.

Yeah it is a nice radio but no way would I drop that kind of coin on it.

I have bought a nib grant xl for 200 and a nib lt for 100 in the last year. I overpaid for the xl because the ham who had it had kept it in his house. I love the XLs and LTs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.