• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Getting Back Into the Game

Trigger

KJ4LRZ
Jun 6, 2009
Russellville, KY
Hello all. KJ4LRZ here. Been out of Amateur Radio for almost 2 1/2 years now. I'm craving it again. I used to operate a TM-D710A which was an awesome radio, however I don't have the space for the antenna on my car and I'm looking for something more portable. I'm strongly considering the TH-D72A but I'm concerned with the lack of transmission power at 5W. I live in Colorado Springs and it looks like we have a very active radio club with exceptional repeaters and support. Does anyone think that my concerns are warranted? Any opinions?

Much Appreciated:
Nathan Powell

EDIT: I meant for this to be posted in the general forum. Could I get a mod to move this for me? Sorry!3

It's been a long time, but the Air Force sent me there for a conference for two weeks. I remember working a repeater or two with a handheld. Course I skipped a few days and hung out on pikes peak. I had a government rental car and wished it had an HF rig.

I think the mountains are strewn with repeaters now. You may get by with a small unobtrusive antenna... Or you could get one of those little brick amplifiers, plug in in and go to town.

I've been wanting to go back out there, awesome scenery.

Join or visit that club and see what people in the loop are doing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.