• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Getting into ham now!!!!! Need suggestions!

211 in tha mag

Apr 11, 2005
Hello all, i am going to get into ham right now and i need to know what yall think! I am wanting to get the Best mobile rig money can buy ! I will probably be on 2 meter most of the time, but who knows! So i also neeed the best antenna i can get for mobile! At home i am going to run a Ts-2000 and i also need to get some good links for antennas and radio tuneup and all of that! I dont want to send my radio to some truckstop. LOL Thanks everybody!!!

lincoln2.bmp

"CDX-401"</p>

Welcome to the wonderful world of ham 211,as far as mobile antenna's try Larsen,Diamond and MJF all great antenna's.

For ham rigs i'd only send them to a manufactuers aproved dealer/repair shop.

</p>

Most of the higher end ham rigs work well out of the box. That is if your doing SSB or FM. If you want that loud AM sound then that is another story.

That TS2000 has so many options on the TX audio, you will spend a few days or weeks tailoring it to the way you want to sound. Go to Kenwood’s website and download the manual.

Stop by all of the ham radio sites, HRO, AES etc and get them to send you a catalog. They have some antennas with impressive gain figures but have never done a comparison. I think the best bang for the buck is a 5/8 wave base loaded antenna for 2 meters in the mobile.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.