• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

getting more out of a 1x4

iceman78

Feb 15, 2009
i have a fatboy 1x4 being pushed by a galaxy 959 in a 2009 nissan altima (550cca batt & 110amp alt). running a 15' run of 4AWG fine stranded power wire with the cold wire hooked to the neg. of batt. all doors, hood, trunk, radio and box grounded, going out to a wilson 5k trunk lip mount antenna (lmr 240 coax) with swr's 1.1 & 1.2 on 1 & 40. meter is showing 600w PEP with a whistle. other locals are getting 750-1000 out of this box. have dk set to 2w on radio and 150 w/ box. was told that maybe the radio isnt pushing box hard enough. when i turn up the variable power all it does is dk higher but swings to 500-600. was wondering what i can do to get more out of the box aside from changing alt and adding additional batts. thanks for the help.

i have a fatboy 1x4 being pushed by a galaxy 959 in a 2009 nissan altima (550cca batt & 110amp alt). running a 15' run of 4AWG fine stranded power wire with the cold wire hooked to the neg. of batt. all doors, hood, trunk, radio and box grounded, going out to a wilson 5k trunk lip mount antenna (lmr 240 coax) with swr's 1.1 & 1.2 on 1 & 40. meter is showing 600w PEP with a whistle. other locals are getting 750-1000 out of this box. have dk set to 2w on radio and 150 w/ box. was told that maybe the radio isnt pushing box hard enough. when i turn up the variable power all it does is dk higher but swings to 500-600. was wondering what i can do to get more out of the box aside from changing alt and adding additional batts. thanks for the help.
Try your locals meters on your rig.

Replace it with a 2x8!! I agree..........check it with their meter. Move the amp into their vehicle or change to a higher power radio..dual final. Are they other locals using the same setup as far as a radio and drive?

BC

600 is about the most that i would expect out of four 2879's , but im in a minority about that . i get about 575 out of my 500v with just the radio driving it .

I ran the same configuration in my bonneville. 959 driving a Davemade 1x4. 1000cca battery, stock alt, and i put another battery in the trunk to supply the box. I ran the box variable wide open and dialed the 959 down to about 1 watt. I got 100 watt deadkey and swinging to 950 watts PEP. If I were you, I would add a second battery. I think that will solve your problems.

Try 'their' meter on your set up. I think that would be the first step. If anything, the power you are seeing isn't unusual at all, probably very typical (depending on how you do the measuring :)).
- 'Doc

It's all in the numbers!!!

I have the fatboy 1x4 all 2879's two redtop's #4 welding cable and all I get is right at 700 and that is with stryker 440hp and connex 3300hp. Lmr 213 going into 55r4 on a tri mag regular cab truck 1.1-1.2 swr's. 14.4 volts at idle dead key 200 then my volts start to drop. While driving don't have the voltage drop. Standard alt 105 I think. Both of my meters read close to the same thing so what is my problem I think it is listening to people that say that it should do more than that. Put it on a bench and it just might, volt it and it just might. If it's working leave it alone if you want to see more watt's buy bigger.(y)

I ran the same configuration in my bonneville. 959 driving a Davemade 1x4. 1000cca battery, stock alt, and i put another battery in the trunk to supply the box. I ran the box variable wide open and dialed the 959 down to about 1 watt. I got 100 watt deadkey and swinging to 950 watts PEP. If I were you, I would add a second battery. I think that will solve your problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.