• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gizmotchy g31

fisjr

Apr 21, 2011
NEW JERSEY
I put up this antenna about 6 months ago and love the performance but here comes the down side. very good side rejection but poor front to rear. my question is has anyone added the rejection kit from Gizmotchy and is it worth the cost and effort.

Thanking you in advance.

You won't be able to improve it much.
I had the 6 element and was just as bad but side rejection was stellar as the antenna does not respond "as well" to regular vertical polarization from another vertical.
The antennas shines on DX but is no advantage on Tropo contacts (close in point to point).
If you ever get a chance to test with a station using a beam such as a PDL II, you will see nearly no difference when trying polarization changes on one end while the other stays the same.
The Gizzy radiates a crazy pattern (in between) from the way the driven elment is set up and reflectors/directors, that does not match a conventional beam for horz or vert polarization.
On DX this is an advantage because at any given time the polarization can be anything off the layer doing the reflection so the Gizzy responds better overall to the DX signals.
So in lue of poor front to back, use the side to do the rejection as the front beamwidth is not all that sharpe.
Good luck.

i've been thinking about a 5 element Gizmotchy or either the 5 element HV beam from maco. if you had to do it again would either of you buy another Gizmotchy. i'm looking for more in the way of long distant ground wave contacts and will just let propagation take care of the DXing.

for ground wave performance i would put back up my maco shooting star. dx the g31 is much bettet but vert the maco was better and much better rear rejection.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.