• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GMRS 440 RADIO

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Anyone know of a 440 xcvr that can be expanded to GMRS, and can you set it for the offset for GMRS repeaters.

DOCTOR/795

Portable or base..

Frankly there are countless radios easily moded for GMRS frequency's...even the channels that require offset frequency's..

Nearly any UHF ham radio will work quite well for GMRS..

Myself...

I use Icom 706 MKIIG...Icom IC7000...Icom T90A
and Kenwood THF6a ..

All of them were very Easily modified and work Excellent for GMRS band

Doc, let's just rename this forum after you bro
128fs318181.gif
This makes the 13th thread you have on here and that's just page 1
interview.gif

You ain't found you a dadburn GMRS radio to use yet?

Watcha waitin' on goober? Quit yer cryin' and start yer buyin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMRS

I like to make the conversation lively.
Yep I have 2 of them and the activity is what you call dead.
MURS is more fun, at least 3 PEOPLE on/ off and the distance is like 2 meters not bad for simplex.

Keep up the conversations<ha>.

DOCTOR/795

Ft60

Yaesu FT-60 handheld. You'll need a special tool to get into it and a high powered eye piece to see inside.

Why not use a uhf commercial mobile like a kenwood tk-805d which is field programmable,instead of screwing up a perfectly good ham rig?
A commercial unit is already tuned for gmrs where a ham rig will not be as sensitive or perform well that far out of band!
Been there and it's not worth trashing a good rig.
n9zas

GMRS

I bought a commercial icom got gmrs and 440.....plenty of activity on 440 and NONE on gmrs.

DOCTOR/795

We have quite a few GMRS repeaters in the area here but the yuppies don't want modded ham radios on them. A few of the repeaters even have a recording system going 24-7.

Only other activity I hear other than that is people hunting and stuff.

Why not use a uhf commercial mobile like a kenwood tk-805d which is field programmable,instead of screwing up a perfectly good ham rig?
A commercial unit is already tuned for gmrs where a ham rig will not be as sensitive or perform well that far out of band!
Been there and it's not worth trashing a good rig.
n9zas

truth

the 805d's can be had cheap and are tough as hell

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.