• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

gmrs radio

I work as a paramedic. The Motorola HTs have gotten smaller over the years. I call the newer one Fisher Price radios. I still carry my own Motorola HT600 at work. The HT600 still has an actual transmitter and receiver. The radio tech I use for programming likes them a lot. You can pick them up for around 50.00 on E-bay. New generic, decent quality batterys around 25.00 on E-bay. Any Motorola tech can program them. UHF models output 2 watts or 4 watts. These things last forever.

I have a pair of Midland G-28 HTs, which feature 2W conducted power into a removable antenna.

Not sure if these fit into the toy category, but I'm thinking of selling because I never use them. I went ham instead.

31CJJY021YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I use a expanded 2 mtr radio now, a friend uses a maxon base unit, and another uses a maxon, radius about 20 miles and the chnls are quiet, never hear anyone else

doctor/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.