• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good Choice?

silvereagle1

May 4, 2012
I have a chance to get some RG 213 Coax it is Midland M17/74 . Would this be a good choice? Thanks silvereagle 399

I have never herd of midland coax but RG213 is good for home use. I use it for all my hf and vhf stuff, and run LDF450 for UHF

Rb30 Thank you for helping i am asking because a friend of mine has some in fact a bunch. He also has rg290 it is ornge in color he has 4ooo' of it 3/8 of a inch around. he also has rg58u in the small size. I thought if it would do a good job i would buy 1000' frome him. This would be for my base at home.Thanks.

Rb30 Thank you for helping i am asking because a friend of mine has some in fact a bunch. He also has rg290 it is ornge in color he has 4ooo' of it 3/8 of a inch around. he also has rg58u in the small size. I thought if it would do a good job i would buy 1000' frome him. This would be for my base at home.Thanks.

I've never heard of RG-290, and a quick Google search didn't help. If it's really only "3/8 of a inch around", its diameter is less than 1/4 inch, which is pretty small. "RG58U in the small size"? It's only made in one size, which is 0.195" diameter -- probably the same diameter as the "RG-290".

If it's that small I wouldn't run much over a couple hundred watts, if that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.