• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good Online Radio Shop

czcon1

Oct 6, 2006
What's a good trustworthy online shop that does a good job at selling radios and repairs. I've come accross the normal, Clay's, GI Joes,Premiere Electronics,1 Stop Electronics. Anyone have a good recomendation. I'm looking to upgrade to a new radio with tune and peak, I have bought from Clay's before.

Most folks are in business to do business , everybody gets a bum rap one way or the other (you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the timeand every now and then it's our turn) You have Kopper (spelled with a C) and H&Y that have been in business for a very long time ,there is a relasionship between the two . For the one spelled with a C , you can just go www.opperelectronics.com ( don't forget to add the C) ,for some reason beyon my knowledge , this Froum will not let me say the C word , I have no idea why ? Good luck to you CZ and welcome to the Forum. Oh ,and you also have DTB and Justin on this site that get good PR from most. H & Y

i've been doing this too long to admit to. i've used probably every single CB shop that's had mail order available. many that are long gone, new ones, & old timers. i too have heard the same bad raps about all of them at one point or another in time. i have experienced every type of problem imaginable with many of them-wrong item sent, item missing, item didn't work, etc etc. the folks 'switch kit' mentions have ALWAYS had the best prices, & ALWAYS resolve whatever problems i've had with them. i wonder why they get the bad rap they get. i don't use those two for everything, as i find some places have better in-stock records, or cheaper shipping, or just don't carry what i'm looking for at the moment or whatever. i think the reason i like them is that they DO NOT sell any wild modifications. sure, they charge to 'convert' a radio or amp, & claim to align & set to factory specs, though i have no need for that service, i think there are people that would be happy to have their radio come to them checked out & ready to go. those people do not need to be confused with variations of 'clip 'n' snip' mods and other mullarkey. best way to order via the internet is to do as much research as possible & first, be very sure that the item you wish to purchase IS in fact what you want. then, look around & see who charges what, and look on the forums & see where others have gotten it from. if your email address reminds the guy receiving your order of his ex-wifes boyfriend, you're liable to receive your order with some issues, if the gal who answers the phone thinks you have a cute voice, you may get preferential service. i have never figured out why a simple order gets screwed up, or a new, sealed-in-the-box radio doesn't work, so these could be reasons.
in short, ask around-'where'd you get YOUR XXX from, & how was the service?'. just remember.....caveat emptor' :shock:

Switch Kit said:
Most folks are in business to do business , everybody gets a bum rap one way or the other (you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the timeand every now and then it's our turn) You have Kopper (spelled with a C) and H&Y that have been in business for a very long time ,there is a relasionship between the two . For the one spelled with a C , you can just go www.opperelectronics.com ( don't forget to add the C) ,for some reason beyon my knowledge , this Froum will not let me say the C word , I have no idea why ? Good luck to you CZ and welcome to the Forum. Oh ,and you also have DTB and Justin on this site that get good PR from most. H & Y
Thanks for the replies, I tried that copperelectronics and I could'nt find the site. Did you mean www.copper.com ? Also that sparky's dos'nt look bad good prices and close to me I just don't want to get a hacked up piece of crap in the mail.

I GUESS I CAN'T USE THE "C" WORD EITHER.

re Sparkys

czcon1 said:
Switch Kit said:
Most folks are in business

Sparkys is great! I have gotten a few radios from him ! great prices and the tune and allinement is included free which the purchase. Also fast shipping!!

to do business , everybody gets a bum rap one way or the other (you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the timeand every now and then it's our turn) You have Kopper (spelled with a C) and H&Y that have been in business for a very long time ,there is a relasionship between the two . For the one spelled with a C , you can just go www.opperelectronics.com ( don't forget to add the C) ,for some reason beyon my knowledge , this Froum will not let me say the C word , I have no idea why ? Good luck to you CZ and welcome to the Forum. Oh ,and you also have DTB and Justin on this site that get good PR from most. H & Y
Thanks for the replies, I tried that ****** and I could'nt find the site. Did you mean www.******.com ? Also that sparky's dos'nt look bad good prices and close to me I just don't want to get a hacked up piece of crap in the mail.

I GUESS I CAN'T USE THE "C" WORD EITHER.

Everytime I have dealt with Premiere Electronice has been good transaction.I just order from their site no problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.