• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good sideband radio

if you really think that the S-9 is built with cheap parts you are an ASS, the S-9 has been one of the best Sideband radios for a very long time

12-11-2011, 11:03 AM
hollywoood

Think they are called "trim pots"...

can you buy them and where?... Need one for Magnum S380 believe it's a 120 for L5 adjustment,... top adjusting part would not turn ended up breaking... Thank you!!!

Ahem!

I have always loved Magnum radio's. I had several older S9 radio's that were dual 1969 powered, worked well with no problems. I kept going back to the old Magnum Delta Force thats processor controlled though. My all time favorite radio.

The new versions of the Omega Force and 257 are very good all around radio's and are stable on SSB. You would be happy with either one. They are brisk sellers right now so if you find a place that has them in stock don't wait too long.

Why Not up the anty ..

Go to a ham radio..
I had the older 2970..it was a decent radio..
A friend of mine also has the Newer 2970N2..
Bother the 2970 through the 2970N2 are splash boxes though.. But yes they both get out well..

However the 706 MKII out classes it completely.
Whether you want for local and or skip talking.
Plus you then also simply have so many more frequencies you can use..
Plus if you ever decide to get your ham ticket..then you are already set..

Ofcourse the other thing you need is as Best and antenna as you can (including feedline/coax) & same holds true for your mike.

Personal choice is the yeticom optima backed by a TS DX500.
Check it out at
yeticomnz.com

Shoot Dave an email for more info, IMO this is the best 10/12m radio available. It gives my ic706mkiig a real run for its money on 11m

The Uniden Grant XL or LT and the early Cobra 148GTL. (Same chassis) I preferred using a mobile with a exterior power supply because, more often than not, the built-in p/s on the base stations were rated at just barely enough to supply the rig.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The 2950dx I have works great for SSB add a small TS350HDV and I talk skip eaisly. I also have a power mic. The radio has nice audio. If you want to be loud with over the top audio maby the S9 will work for you or The Omegaforce S45HP I also have the S45HP, Turned up the stock power mic wasnt happy. Sounded great with RK56 but wasnt loud, mic gain wide open. Put a Silver Eagle D104 on and This radio is talking. It's good on SSB but nothing like my 2950dx

HR2510 is top in my book, but don't have the want or need for massive power so the stock 25-30 watts is plenty, and rarely talk on AM.

Those radios are getting rarer but are great rigs and I regularly talk to Europe on that power ssb and in the US. on AM.

Mack,
You have to remember not all folks have the room for a 29XX radio. I had 1 in my pick up and it ate up a lot of space. I got a 257 and enjoy the room below it for other junk. ;)

theres also the option of waiting a bit to see how the uniden 980 does when it's released

5872d1319549928-uniden-bc980-sideband-new-sideband-citizens-band-radio-980ssb.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Actually..

If you can find one..
The Best ( especially for the price )
Would be the AR-3500 .. ( it is not made by the current ranger people.. but the original clear channel company )

Darn good radio..
for the frequency's it has...i would put it against nearly any other radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.