• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GOTTA SHURE 526T II

RugRat235

May 1, 2005
wow put one of these beauties on my 2980wx and what powerful clear audio. i was coming from a d104 desk mic and the shure is the better sounding of the two in my opinion. anyone gets a chance to give one a try i'd say go for it. now i just wish it looked as nice as the d104.

As far as IM concerned there RuGRat ......your 526-T is the better microphone over the D-104 !! and also will perform much better then then the D-104 on SSB as well ......the best mic I've ever heard in 20 years on either a Cobra 2000 or Older 148 GTL The Shure 526-T Desk Microphone , hold on to it ,they don't make them anymore. When new they went for 129.00 in the box . OK .......so they don't shine like the lolly pops !! but they talk and they talk well and as far as IM concerned ,the folks IM talking to ain't look'in at my mic anyway ,there hearing my bad as loud and crystal clear audio and wishing they sounded like that !! (-: Switch Kit
Shur_526_T_Serie_II.jpg

yeah the shure "shure" is sweet. i set the d-104 aside. i use mostly ssb and its very clear and natural sounding. is this a freak or do all the shure mics sound this good. you really don't hear to many people talk about them even in ham related forums?

RR225,actually shure mics are used in the amateur radio community extensivly,while not as common as heil mics they still have a strong following.
Shure mics have been around for a long time and make a wide variety of mics ranging from studio,stage (concerts) and CB/amateur mics.
Great mics for shure,i once had a shure444d that i used with a TeaberryStakerXX with great audio.I sure miss that set up.
Anyway enjoy your new mic and good luck :)
73,Stu

Sure 526 wiring

Can someone send me the color/what it does for this microphone, I have several radios I would like to use it on but don't know which wire is TX,RX, Audio, common etc. Thanks

I bought two of the 526T's right before they disappeared. One is in reserve, NIB. The other is used with my Prsident Lincoln when it is in the shack. GREAT microphone, blows a D104 away.

Those are great mics I am gonna get another as soon as I find one sounded great on everything exspecially the 2950 style chassis radios

Mixed Breed

Highlander_821 said:
I bought two of the 526T's right before they disappeared. One is in reserve, NIB. The other is used with my Prsident Lincoln when it is in the shack. GREAT microphone, blows a D104 away.

When I get around to it, I'll test a custom D-104 head against the standard D-104. This one is the d104 head, with a Turner Plus 2 bezel, and a Shure cartridge.

RugRat235 said:
wow put one of these beauties on my 2980wx and what powerful clear audio. i was coming from a d104 desk mic and the shure is the better sounding of the two in my opinion. anyone gets a chance to give one a try i'd say go for it. now i just wish it looked as nice as the d104.

Okay...this thread got me going, so I just picked up a 526T off Ebay this afternoon. It's pre-wired for a 101, so I guess I'll do my comparisons off it.

shure mics

RugRat235 said:
yeah the shure "shure" is sweet. i set the d-104 aside. i use mostly ssb and its very clear and natural sounding. is this a freak or do all the shure mics sound this good. you really don't hear to many people talk about them even in ham related forums?
I'm a truck-driver/microphone-builder, and the only mics I use in my tractor are Shure and Electro-Voice Aviation mics custom wired and impedance-matched to my Galaxy 99's. My audio is about the loudest and cleanest on the planet.

shure mics

RugRat235 said:
I'm a truck-driver/microphone-builder, and the only mics I use in my tractor are Shure and Electro-Voice Aviation mics custom wired and impedance-matched to my Galaxy 99's. My audio is about the loudest and cleanest on the planet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.