• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grant XL verses the RCI 6300 No Contest!

70cst

Dec 4, 2009
While on the way back from Chicago today I disconnected my 6300 and replaced it with my recently purchased my Grant XL to see how it performed. Boy what a difference there was between my RCI 6300 and Grant XL. I just recently had the RCI aligned and tuned up but...I could not believe how much better the Grant performed in recieving and noice reduction. I am now a believer in the Grant XL. I am selling the 6300 and am going to hook up either my Gray 300 or older Gray 100 with the Grant. You all were right. The Uniden Grant rocks!!!

grant xl is a really solid radio, i have mine set up as a base here in the house and hooked to a bandit II, when i had it in the mobile i was able to talk a good 45 miles on lsb with a 5 foot stainless steal whip, put an astatic 636-L, and you will sound better on the air,,, enjoy the radio, i know ive nejoyed mine,,,,Mark

You want good to some of the best RX and TX in a cb AM/SSB radio as well as SSB stability ? Look 1978 to 2000 , President Grants / Uniden Grants / Grant XL's / Grant LT's / 148GTL's (all 5 pin side mic) as well as the 148GTL F's / Texas Ranger TR-296 / ........all discontinued. :( all basically the same design.

It's kind of taken a while to prove the point to those that didn't know , but these are all starting to fetch pretty pennys , depending on there conditions ? ...as much or more then they cost years ago new. Nice (y)

You want good to some of the best RX and TX in a cb AM/SSB radio as well as SSB stability ? Look 1978 to 2000 , President Grants / Uniden Grants / Grant XL's / Grant LT's / 148GTL's (all 5 pin side mic) as well as the 148GTL F's / Texas Ranger TR-296 / ........all discontinued. :( all basically the same design.

i'd rather have one of these radios than any export made today

I have been able to compare my Grant XL with my Umiden Grant (pre XL)...the XL seemed to be a better radio as for a low noise. I have both radios checked out and both seemed to be ok so this is not a high tec test but just a mobile to mobile test. So at this juncture the XL wins.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.