• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grant xl vs. Grant lt

They are both exellent radio's neither of which are made anymore. The LT has light up rings around the controls. My personal choice is the Grant xl.

the stupid a$$ squelch control thingie (LEAVE IT OFF!) and the little surface mount board on the inside of the mic jack ALONG with the front mounted mic jack are the differences between the LT & XL! LOVE THE LT BUT STILL PREFER THE XL!

I was just wondering what is the difference and which one is better.
I have a phillipene made xl which is my favorite radio and was just wondering if I should look into buying a lt ?

Both radios probably would swing very close to each other but the Grant XL's audio would just completely destroy the Grant LT side by side.
Anything made in China is JUNK.

I have 3 XLs and was going to sell 2 of them. Think I will keep them. Also got a PC122. Havent ever even hooked it up to power. Should be enough radios to get me to the Graveyard. I have 5 exports and a Mark 3. The Exports are seeing more shelf time these days.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio