1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Gray 300 ... Any opinion about this amp?

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by 70cst, Dec 31, 2009.

1. 70cst

70cst Active Member

I ran across a mid 80's GRAY 300 4 pill SSB, FM, AM LINEAR AMP ...what your experience with these amps? Good/Bad? Thanks in advance.

2. MisterFatty

MisterFatty Poppin Fresh!

Mid to late 80's amp, worked ok, but was nothing to write home about, were better choices for the same money so I never bothered with them. Always considered the Gray Near Bottom Shelf material.

Attached Files:

3. 70cst

70cst Active Member

Thanks for the info .. Sooooo what were the better amps for AM/SSB back in the 80's?
  4. TexasOutlaw

TexasOutlaw Active Member

I've had and ran a couple of these. I liked the earlier onethe best. Never had a problem with either of mine. Lots of audio and more than enough power to do what I wanted to do. Only sold them when truck drivers game me some stupid money for them. Kinda with I still had one. I do have a custom 4 2879 box that does really well with a good driver infront of it. I again liked the Gray 300
  5. MisterFatty

MisterFatty Poppin Fresh!

We went through quite a few amps, Started out we ordered a couple cases of the Gray amps, quality was a bit spotty, and we ended up with more then a few DOA. After that, even though the price was attractive I stuck with Messenger, Texas Star, Or TNT almost exclusively.