• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

grounding plane for ant.?

R

rmacleod

Is it allright to set a mag mount ant on the roof of my house as a temp base ant? How do you think it will preform? What is all the talk about grounding planes and will it effect me? The mag mount is about 3.5ft, also i built a freestanding base for anouther ant. that is about 8 feet tall. Can i just set them on my roof (secured down) and plug them into the radio or do i need sumthing else?

</p>

if you have a metal roof the mag mount might work.
you can also get a peice of steel sheeting and mount four lengths of copper wire(102" each) at 40 degrees

If you can provide the other half of that mobile antenna, the roof will work just fine. That other half of the antenna is the "groundplane". Like 'akforlife' said, if your roof is metal, it'll work just fine. You ought to be able to get the same results as any mobile with the same antenna.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.