• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

H&Y grab box?

I've never bought a grab box from H&Y, but the ones that Rat Shack used to sell were sure a disappointment. You'd get a box full of obsolete ribbon cables, dead batteries and more cheap round magnets than you knew what to do with. Sometimes they'd toss an IC or two into the mix. They'd be stuck to the cylinder of magnets. A total waste of money...

I have always had good experiences with H&Y but not so much with Copper.

However, one time I did purchase an amplifier that came with a "$100 grab box" from H&Y. It was the first, last, and only time I've ever purchased anything with GRAB BOX in the title from them.

Instead of anything even remotely radio or electronic related, the grab box came with flea market items such as cheap imitation foster grant sunglasses, some synthetic leather coin purses, rubber dog sh...crap and some other stuff so lousy that I don't even remember what it was.

I remember putting the great majority of the grab box in the TRASH CAN and being satisfied that I got a decent price on an amplifier.

I mean really - a grab box?

Gimme a break!
Think about it. Would you buy anything - sight unseen? Am I the only one that thinks that is just a little bit lame? Gotta an extra $100 you just want to throw away? Oh pu-leeze . . .

I mean really - a grab box?

Gimme a break!
Think about it. Would you buy anything - sight unseen? Am I the only one that thinks that is just a little bit lame? Gotta an extra $100 you just want to throw away? Oh pu-leeze . . .

The idea of a grab box suggest that you reach into a box without looking and having no prior knowledge to it's contents and what you retrieve from said box becomes your property.

Lesson, don't buy what you should receive free.

Post # 5043

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.