• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Happy Thanksgiving to all on the forum

And quit being in a hurry on the road. There isn’t reason. Zero.

I’m running along with 22-tons of canned dog food in the box. Thus I’m at 78,000-lbs doing 68-mph. And you come down the ramp with maybe 200’ clearance. That’s not half what you need (legally).

What’s the force equation?

And is it really how you want to go? We just chop chop what’s left of you and add filler?

Right lane only. Ease along. 64-mph keeps them flowing around you. Zen. I’ve been traveling coast to coast since 1962. So don’t be the left lane when the now typical dumb driver comes down the ramp barely ahead of the Third Worlder in the big truck. You’re in the wrong place. (Next stop: Big Bobby’s Place!!)

Planned stops at nice family-owned venues. Two hour intervals tops for rest area or a culinary adventure. Write that plan days in advance. Assume 60-mph average (Average is always slower than you think it will be). Get out the atlas and space the rest areas. Bring your own. Fuel once daily at lunch on a one hour plus break.

www.roadfood.com

One of my favorites in Lubbock. The working man’s blue plate special.
48A432AA-9F3F-455B-8172-3E53BFFF3F31.jpeg

Make your passengers happy. No C-stores or fast food. Think picnic. Use the park tables. No one does. That’s sad.

Only fools make work of what should be pleasure. And, these days, to go with the flow is to be a fool.

Further, 300-miles is enough. More than 400 means you shouldn’t have been out there at all. Seriously. Can’t be trusted with what’s precious.

Leave early, as it’s traffic volume that’s the problem (dawn or before). Stop hours before dusk. Relax. Have something on ice.

Rest.

(Repeat as necessary).

300 or 3 o’clock. Has worked for Americans on vacation since before WWII. Engraved on my heart as a child.

Listen to yours.

Have a beaut of a holiday!!

(Thx for thread, B)

Last edited:
Slow , is that country fried steak ? If so one of my wife's favorites ! However she's been trying to get " her " recipe right for a few years . She does Ok , but always trying to " Tweak It " so it's '' Decent " roadside quality ! Looks awesome , regardless what it is !:)

Chicken Fried Steak. A West Texas specialty. Can’t be properly made easy of the Brazos River (don’t ask me why, but it’s true).

That meal with drink & dessert as shown was $12 with 20% tip.

Slo , I typed it & thought .... Hell No ! That ain't what it's called !:whistle::LOL: Asked Wife later , she corrected me as you did , but when she did it the word " Dummy " was involved ! Thanks for setting me straight , great deal on that meal . Guess my wife will never taste a good " Chicken Fried Steak " as we don't plan on getting out that way soon .:D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. (y) Here's a picture of last years T-G Turkey.

414343136.jpg

No, not a hairy chested bird. o_O Just covered with some Rosemary sprigs placed there before smoking.

Hope this year's turkey turns out as good. It's till soaking in the brine solution before going into the smoker.

Brine solution...water, seasoned salt, apple cider vinegar, dark brown sugar, rosemary, sage, bay leaves, garlic.

Bring ingredients to a boil, let it simmer a few minutes, then cool it down. Brine the submerged bird 12-15 hours at temp below 40* F.

Your formula may vary. Mine does. :D

WDX-556

Last edited:
Slo , I typed it & thought .... Hell No ! That ain't what it's called !:whistle::LOL: Asked Wife later , she corrected me as you did , but when she did it the word " Dummy " was involved ! Thanks for setting me straight , great deal on that meal . Guess my wife will never taste a good " Chicken Fried Steak " as we don't plan on getting out that way soon .:D

Please tell your wife for me that my ex (a fifth generation Texan) has been working on hers for over fifty years.

It’s not lack of talent or desire on her part (their part).

In the last few years I think I’ve narrowed it down:

1). Burris Mills, Lightcrust Flour

2). Gyp water

3). Beef

That last is likely key, even though the two above it look more difficult.

In Texas we get cuts of beef not seen elsewhere in the country. (Fajitas aren’t the same elsewhere). The sheer volume of beef processed from northern Texas up into Kansas is staggering.

So, Papa, you just order up some of the flour made famous by The Lightcrust Doughboys back when Bob Wills was the leader.

“. . Nashville may be the home of country music — on that we all agree — but when you cross that old Red River, that just don’t mean a thing.

‘’Cause when you’re down in Texas, son, Bob Wills is still the King.”

Only a little bit of Texas goes a long ways with you foreigners. We’d hate you took too big a bite and had to take to your bed.

So: no gyp water. Best tenderized beef cut. And flour from the mill down the road from my place.

That City Where The West Begins.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.