• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hard to DX when.............

Wiskey Delta-40

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 18, 2011
Bradshaw Mtns Arizona
Well had another day of all static... Kind of hard to DX when your reciever is full of it.....WHY does it do that on my day off :confused:

I have a feeling that "Robb" turned on the wind Machine and blew it my way.. he was saying he had it all the time:whistle:

Attachments

• IMAG0382.jpg
    IMAG0382.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 199

DX has been great for me the last 6 weeks,EU in morning,west coast afternoon,Aisa in evening...the only good thing about living in Missouri other than the St Louis Cards,gehe 73 de n0zna

Robb is using tactics taken from 4040.

Nah, I only use ~80 watts and no more, as I don't have an amplifier I can afford yet. Perhaps a tube amp with four 572B's in it or a couple of 3-500Z's. Depends on if/when I can get a cool deal on something. Haven't found one that I like.

4040 just stays on one freq and keeps on talking.
Not my method by any means.

Now, Whiskey Delta 40 has got some cooool amps since his last buy.

Now, Whiskey Delta 40 has got some cooool amps since his last buy.

Eh the deal was not so good of a deal.... on the Henry 2k,

Yes it does turn on and light up, Got a amp cord and buffer to run with my Kenwood and hooked it up other day, The amp keys you can hear the relay the transformer HUMMS like it is suppose to, but NO output:headbang
The tubes as you try to load and tune glow bright red...
(From what I remember you do not want that)

Going to have to tear into the thing to find out whats up...... Not going to be a easy task that thing built like a tank

Eh the deal was not so good of a deal.... on the Henry 2k,

Yes it does turn on and light up, Got a amp cord and buffer to run with my Kenwood and hooked it up other day, The amp keys you can hear the relay the transformer HUMMS like it is suppose to, but NO output:headbang
The tubes as you try to load and tune glow bright red...
(From what I remember you do not want that)

Going to have to tear into the thing to find out whats up...... Not going to be a easy task that thing built like a tank

A local guy I know has one of those 2k's. A tank - yes. But such a solid built amp if there ever was one. Worth rebuilding - IMO. Two 3-500Z tubes - nice! The very same amp I'd like to get for my station someday too.

I have the same thing with my 430 but the nb does the trick knocking it down to a s1 or less on AM but it's not near as bad is SSB modes.

Dirty power pole transformer is my issue.

That was with the NB and ATT on....

I am starting to wonder if the transformer is bad outside of my place

There has been a few of them that has blown up lately in the area.. APS dont give a crap if it is working leave it, so what if it looks like it is leaking

I am in a rural area and last on any of the utility companys fix it list ^can not stand it^

There has been a few of them that has blown up lately in the area.. APS dont give a crap if it is working leave it, so what if it looks like it is leaking

I am in a rural area and last on any of the utility companys fix it list ^can not stand it^

Even if they don't fix it they have to come out and check because they are subject to FCC rules and regs regarding rf interference to FCC approved devices.

Just tell them you have an email for the FCC that just needs one click to complete.

Reactions: 1 person

Lodge the complaint! They HAVE to investigate and correct it if it is found to be their equipment. If it has caused any damage then file a claim! They hate that. If YOU could prove it is their transformer(and I think it probably is) then you have more to stand on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.