• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heater Box

I'm just wondering why the need to hide the amp in a speaker encolsure in the first place.

It wouldn't fit under/behind the seats, and I didn't just want to set it on the back seat. (grandkids ride back there, fingers go everywhere) if I had a bourbon or such this would not have been built.

So when I was trying design a box to hold it and let air in/out I came up with this idea, I also figured a "speaker box" would be a way to hide it in plain sight from would be thieves, most hillbillies around here could care less about a speaker box, but they do love there cb's (and it does work well as a armrest)

I'm sure there are many ways to do this and some better, it was my first stab at one and just thought I'd share it.

Nice set up for the amp!!

And the Browning Golden Eagle set up you have for a forum pic is very nice !! Love those old radios :)

Just wondering if that is your station

It wouldn't fit under/behind the seats, and I didn't just want to set it on the back seat. (grandkids ride back there, fingers go everywhere) if I had a bourbon or such this would not have been built.

So when I was trying design a box to hold it and let air in/out I came up with this idea, I also figured a "speaker box" would be a way to hide it in plain sight from would be thieves, most hillbillies around here could care less about a speaker box, but they do love there cb's (and it does work well as a armrest)

I'm sure there are many ways to do this and some better, it was my first stab at one and just thought I'd share it.

With grandkids riding back there it makes sense.

Reactions: moviking

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.