• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heathkit 1.2k

Nov 2, 2015
I have a buddy that dug out an old ham amp that looks brand new. He said his uncle had this and my buddy got it when he pasted away. His uncle was big into ham radio. He said this amp was one if the last ones made to work on ten meters.

I don't know anything about this type of amp other than its a tube amp. It has 2 572b's. With 2 new ones in the box. It would have to be modified to a pl259 connector for input. He said that's very easy to modify, sellers always say things like that tho

I was told this box will do 1200w on am & ssb 10 meters. With around 100 drive

Does anyone here know anything about this type of amp? Will the coax modification be that simple? It looks in new condition. He is asking 300

Sounds like an SB200. Amps made before a certain date were able to include 10m however after a certain date they had to have 10m disabled from the factory. No big deal about being made before or after that date as they all have/had easy mods to make 10m work. Usually you just cut a wire or add a wire. That amp will NOT make 1.2Kw BTW. That was the INPUT rating. Back then all amps were rated in DC input power not output. A pair of 572B's are good for about half that or 600 watts output.

Reactions: BBB and DainBramage
It no doubt a SB-200 or SB-201 1200 watt input (output between 600 to 750 watts) you can look at the back he may still have the serial number on there. These are very good amps. The major problem with them is they were made back in the early 70's and a lot of the times the caps are dried out and also the keying circuit is a -120 volts and most modern radios can be damaged by this voltage. But all of this is no problem as you can get from Harbach Electronics a complete power supply board, softstart board and soft key keying board. For under $150.00 shipped to your door. As long as the HV is around 2400 on the meter this amp is one of the most sort after amps around. And $300.00 is a very good price. Just check E-bay just after an auction ends and you will see that they go for more than that and the buyer only has the word of the seller. If you need any other info on these amp feel free to message me.

P.S. if it has 10 meters then its an early 70's model, if it doesn't then it just takes a few components to make it work on 10meters.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.