• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heil Elements

Heil mic Elements

I just installed Heil elements in my HR2510 and Ranger 2950dx hand mics and noticed that the modulation level has dropped off a bit but they sure do sound good. the mic elements I used were the HC5 model. It might have been better to put them in an amplified mic but I just talk a bit closer to it and it lifts the audio level. Unit 725 did you find the same thing happened to yours when you installed it?
Murray

Heil Retrofit

High Miler, Heil do make a retrofit for the D104 desk mics and this could probably be easily modified for Silver Salute. I am not sure of the simularity of these two microphones. For the two mics I have done I used the soft rubber pad that Heil package the elements in as a mounting block for a firm fit with a little hot melt glue to hold it in place.
Murray

High Miler, Look for a post further down the page "Heil HC5 Elements." In it Duckkilla6 said that he installed one in the Silver Salute, it's probably easier to install it in one of the lollipop mics than a hand mic as there is more room.
Murray

Old Pirate

Yes, the modulation level did drop off with the HC5 in the stock RCI mic. Also tried one in a HR2510 stock mic.......did not do anything for it. The 2510 stock mics are not much to begin with. I may remove it from the RCI mic and try it in a D104-M6C

Heil HC5 Elements

The d104 hand mic or any power mic would certainly be worth investigating. I took mine apart but their is not alot of room in there with the circuit board, I dont know if the element would be accessed easier from the front of the mic or if the grill could easily be removed. They say that Heils retrofit for the d104/ silver salute base mics work very well so would like to try that too.
Murray

Heil HC5 Elements

With these elements you can use them like a noise cancelling mic and have your mouth only about two inches away from them, this certainly brings the modulation level up to the same level as the stock mic's. There doesn't seem to be any hiss or crackle from over modulation and audio sounds very clear.

Murray

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.