• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Helium Minning

My friend recently ordered 6 nodes, they have not arrived yet. From the map of our nearest town, it sure looks profitable. Some of them are pulling in 200-300 bucks a month. That's a nice passive income! I will be building his antennas soon. He also mentioned the nodes making this are not even set up properly. I don't pretend to understand it, but he seems quite knowledgeable about how they work.

Impressive numbers... must be in a sweet spot. Is he using the internal antenna or a external one mounted outside... seems a antenna mounted outside would be better coverage for more "witness".Also which miner are you guys using?

Impressive numbers... must be in a sweet spot. Is he using the internal antenna or a external one mounted outside... seems a antenna mounted outside would be better coverage for more "witness".Also which miner are you guys using?
Those are the numbers of other people in town doing it, not his numbers. You can get on the helium website and look at every node in the network and see what they are making. The goal is to have your node be able to communicate with as many of the other nodes as possible. The reason for this is that they run the blockchain, so your node is essentially part of a huge synchronized network used for confirming transactions. The more nodes your node can communicate with, the more it will be involved in confirming transactions and the more helium it will earn. That's why I am going to be making outdoor antennas for him. Many people just put the antenna in their window. I don't really know how the tracking tags work or what else is involved, this is just what I gather from him talking about it.

The ones he bought were Bobcat. They should arrive in a few months (6 month order delay).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.