• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello from the Ozarks

moviking

Nov 24, 2011
Table Rock Lake, Branson mo area
Just a quick hello to all.

Getting back into the hobby that I have been absent from since the early 80's and thought I'd check around and see what has changed and/or stayed the same.

BTW, does CB still stand for "Constant Buying" :D

I've spoken to someone over Lampe way from Rogers before. On AM, usually it was on ch 1, or 29. I'm called Country Preacher locally.

Maybe I'll catch you on 38 LSB sometime.

I've spoken to someone over Lampe way from Rogers before. On AM, usually it was on ch 1, or 29. I'm called Country Preacher locally.

Maybe I'll catch you on 38 LSB sometime.

Yeah, I'm finding a lot of the locals on 29 or 35. I'm using my old handle from the 70's "Blue Mule" I figured why change it now.

No ssb in the mobile, hunting a base at the moment, thinking strongly about a cobra 2000 with a D104, have found two but they were VERY used and over priced (imho) $350 - $400 so I'm still looking. Don

Yeah, I'm finding a lot of the locals on 29 or 35. I'm using my old handle from the 70's "Blue Mule" I figured why change it now.

No ssb in the mobile, hunting a base at the moment, thinking strongly about a cobra 2000 with a D104, have found two but they were VERY used and over priced (imho) $350 - $400 so I'm still looking. Don
Hey, just got back into c.b. again myself 2 months ago. I have 2 Mobil's with amps and a base with a couple hundred amps already. I see your looking for a Cobra 2000 they seem to be worth their weight in silver and everyone advertising one seems to know this. I searched eBay myself for about everything I have and was thinking if you can't find a 2000 with out spending a fortune take a look at a Cobra 148GTL same radio but they go for a lot less. I got lucky and got mine still in the box for the last twenty years unopened with a little luck and patience these things do pop up more than you would think. And if you don't have a power supply look into these "switching" power supplies more amps less money.

Ah, the Ozarks, that part is so beautiful to drive thru.Im in CA. at the present, but I hope Im able to move back to Northeast Missouri where I grew up by this time next year.Then I'll be able to put up a decent beam, powered by a 139XLR Cobra.

Found a new looking 2000, freshly tuned, alined & extras added from the best thought of tech up here, just west of springfield, pick her up next week. $300

Now the antenna research/hunt is on, I would like a beam again but I'm kinda down low here on the lake with hills behind me so east would be next to impossible (unless I put it on a 300 ft tower), I'm leaning towards a maco 5/8, any thoughts ?

Did you buy the Cobra 2000? If that's the 2000 that Jim at Hood's has sitting on his counter, you're getting a great radio and he is an awesome tech! I've bought numerous stuff from him over the years and have "drooled" over that 2000 several times, but just couldn't part with that much cash. As long as you can pull him away from the crowd since he is constantly busy with customers... he will make you some smokin' deals. He always lets me look through his back room "goodies" when I stop by. Great guy.

Most of the Springfield "locals" hang out on Ch 21. Lots of CB activity in that town.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.