• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help installing 2sc2999 & Schottky diodes in 25 LTD Clas

A

ajw2685

As the title says I am installing the "super receive" mod in my Cobra 25. I just did it to my General Lee and noticed a big difference in static level. So, I want to try it with my 25. I know to replace TR1 with the 2sc2999 but what diodes do I replace? Anyone have a good schematic and full parts list for a 25 LTD Classic? I found one on the internet a week or two ago and now I can't find it. The parts list had every part and what it did or was for.

Cobra 25 LTD and GTL

Remove and replace TR1 D4 and D6

On the Cobra 25 and Uniden 66, the transistor can be found near the
rear
of the radio
in front of the heatsink to the right of the final and left of antenna
jack beside a tuning can.
Diodes can be found in the approximate center of the radio about 2.5
inches
back from the faceplate. You will see a trimmer can and a small board
standing on edge -
diodes D4 and D6 are in front of these parts

Hope this helps

Melaka 2sc2999 kit

yes the Melaka has the 3600 Board in

TR-17, Dl, D2, D23, D24
Galaxy DX 33, 44, 55, 66, 73, 77, 88, 99, lib, Pluto, Super Galaxy, Galaxy II, Saturn, SSB, Melaka, RCI2980, Eagle 2000, Connex 3300 (all), Superstar 3600, 3900 (all), Osaka 3900, General Lee, Voyager VR9000, Alan 87, Nortstar Galaxy clones and other radios that use the EPT-3600 series Main Board.

what part number for the diodes......and you just replace with same values>>??????
rf parts have them ? I have a cobra 25 that I am going to fix up for my truck. My Pres lincoln does not need it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.