• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help Magnum Raptor II

Buffalo212

May 2, 2012
I been out of the Cb for years but i just bought a raptor II and went to convert it and it's a no go, If anybody can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

I went by these directions

Converting to 240 Channels:

Power OFF the radio and remove bottom cabinet.

Orientate radio with front panel Facing towards you.

Locate header pin and jumper at j1.

Move jumper to the left and center pin on j1.

Power ON the radio.

Rotate the band selector to select the desired band limn A to F.

NOTE: If the radio does not convert, turn off the radio and press the CPU reset button near j1 for approx. 5 seconds.

Converting to 10 Meter Rand:

Orientate radio with front panel facing towards you.

Move Jumper to right and center pins on j1.

Power ON the radio.

Rotate the band selector to band A (10 meter band). Note that the other bands B-F are not used in 10 Meter Mode.

NOTE: If the radio does not work,. turn off the radio and press the CPU reset button near J1 for approx. 5 seconds.

Jeff

raptor 2 help

sir i know its late june but i just got a raptor 2 myself and the conversion is not jumping pins on that model ,on the raptor 1 yes but 2 no, i found the conversion on cbtricks.com but i had mine done by a pro ...good luck

I been out of the Cb for years but i just bought a raptor II and went to convert it and it's a no go, If anybody can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

I went by these directions

Converting to 240 Channels:

Orientate radio with front panel Facing towards you.

Move jumper to the left and center pin on j1.

Power ON the radio.

Rotate the band selector to select the desired band limn A to F.

NOTE: If the radio does not convert, turn off the radio and press the CPU reset button near j1 for approx. 5 seconds.

Converting to 10 Meter Rand:

Orientate radio with front panel facing towards you.

Move Jumper to right and center pins on j1.

Power ON the radio.

Rotate the band selector to band A (10 meter band). Note that the other bands B-F are not used in 10 Meter Mode.

NOTE: If the radio does not work,. turn off the radio and press the CPU reset button near J1 for approx. 5 seconds.

Jeff

If you bought the radio from a quality shop it should have been converted, tuned, and aligned properly so it would be plug-n-play.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.