• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help squeal in my talkback

Where to start with this???? So is the 2SC1969+NPC mod and strapped/volted final? LOL.....Get your pet rock out of the attic and your bell bottoms too! LOL

The only way it could get any worse is to install a fet in the final and then do the NPC mod! LOL

To add insult to injury you have added talk back to this monster of funhouse modifications!

Man, I can guaranty your radio is a splatter box POS! Your modulation is dirtier than the bathrooms at a Greyhound Bus Station in a major city!

99% of the talkback mods by themselves cause issues. That is why radio's that come from the OEM with talkback normally have their own separate audio chain just for talkback today on modern radio's that is separate from the rx/tx audio chain. Put the right final back in it. Undo the talkback. You would have to really have to be full of your self and love the sound of your own voice to pay good money to add such a worthless mod to a radio!

Since this is an AM only radio if you have a really good tech do the super swing and the modulation is staying bellow 120% and the knucklehead added a beefed up 54Mhz trap filtering you can keep that I guess. If the filtering is good though you and your Tech and I use that term loosely will be disappointed since you will not have a lot of fake meter swinging harmonics anymore. Play with cap values in the audio chain to get the bottom and top end improved just a little bit. Add a SL41 mic and a 1,2,3 transistor amp.

What you have right now is not a radio it is just a noise toys.

If it killed the stock mic it sounds like power is being shunted up to the dynamic element which will either lock it up giving you fairly low performance and modulation or it will just kill the mic element.

What type of stupid mod gives you a radio that has to have the mic gain turned down to nothing practically!!! There is not a single radio out of the box that will behave that way all of them can be used with the mic gain full tilt. Even if you put power mic on it with the mic gain turned up it will still work properly. It is only when people butcher them that you end up with this sort of idiotic performance. It is as stupid as a car that you could only use 1/4 throttle or 1/4 of the brake travel without the car malfunctioning!

I am not a fan of NPC/Super Swing. That said if you keep the carrier suppressed and filter out all the garbage before it gets out of the radio it can be ok on an AM only radio.

ditto. i hate talk back. if i want talk back ill go talk to the wife. plenty of talk back there

Reactions: dozerman
Talkback works even if the rf portion of the radio fails so your logic is so far from reality as to be laughable. On top of that talk back does not represent how you really sound over the air. If you are talking to people and suddenly your not you would figure it out. You have the meter, the tx/rx light, the sound of the radio switching or a relay if old enough, and your external meter's antenna tuner, swr meter etc......

How the heck do you think people without talkback for the last 40 years have figured out when their mic is bad or something is wrong with the radio.

It is one thing to lie to other's it is another thing to lie to yourself! You obviously are one of those people that are in love with the sound of your voice which goes against everything relating to being social and enjoying talking with other's over the radio.

Talkback is for people that drive white Chevy Suburbans with dual 20Kw fighting sticks on top yelling "AUDIO"! LOL It is not for intelligent people that actually want to be social and talk with other's over the air. Right up their with guys that laugh like Rosco P. Coltrane eat BBQ raccoon sandwiches and like dating their first cousins.LOL

I wonder how the Army, Air FOrce, Navy, Coast Guard, NSA, NASA, all aviation in the civilian world etc...get buy without Talk Back, NPC, Direct Inject and Super Swing????

In mobil applications I tend to get 10-20 years out of a factory mic. I have flown many aircraft that still have carbon mics in them or they have power noise-canceling mics from Electrovoice from the 1980's. These aircraft fly daily usually training students year round and you have to talk on the radio all the time it is not for fun!

1998 President Lincoln factory mic still works.

1980's Palomar SSB500 factory mic.

1990's Uniden Grant XL Factory Mic.

1990's Uniden PC78 Factory mic.

2X TRS 465's Factory Mics

3 Sears Road Talkers 1970's base and mobiles all have factory mics still working.

I could go one but you get the hint I am sure.

So what the heck are you doing to your radio that you are wearing out mics? If you use them but do not abuse them they tend to last a long long time.

I have to tell my 16-year-old boys not to swing headphones and mics by the cord. You also do not want to pull hard on them or pull them at a sharp angle. I also have been telling them for about 12 years not to tilt chairs up on two legs or rock in a non-rocking chair! LOL

If you are going through mics you are either abusing them or your soldering skills need some help. The exception would be CDL Class A in a rotating fleet of vehicles so you're taking your gear in and out of the truck constantly.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Talkback works even if the rf portion of the radio fails so your logic is so far from reality as to be laughable. On top of that talk back does not represent how you really sound over the air. If you are talking to people and suddenly your not you would figure it out. You have the meter, the tx/rx light, the sound of the radio switching or a relay if old enough, and your external meter's antenna tuner, swr meter etc......

How the heck do you think people without talkback for the last 40 years have figured out when their mic is bad or something is wrong with the radio.

It is one thing to lie to other's it is another thing to lie to yourself! You obviously are one of those people that are in love with the sound of your voice which goes against everything relating to being social and enjoying talking with other's over the radio.

Talkback is for people that drive white Chevy Suburbans with dual 20Kw fighting sticks on top yelling "AUDIO"! LOL It is not for intelligent people that actually want to be social and talk with other's over the air. Right up their with guys that laugh like Rosco P. Coltrane eat BBQ raccoon sandwiches and like dating their first cousins.LOL

I wonder how the Army, Air FOrce, Navy, Coast Guard, NSA, NASA, all aviation in the civilian world etc...get buy without Talk Back, NPC, Direct Inject and Super Swing????

In mobil applications I tend to get 10-20 years out of a factory mic. I have flown many aircraft that still have carbon mics in them or they have power noise-canceling mics from Electrovoice from the 1980's. These aircraft fly daily usually training students year round and you have to talk on the radio all the time it is not for fun!

1998 President Lincoln factory mic still works.

1980's Palomar SSB500 factory mic.

1990's Uniden Grant XL Factory Mic.

1990's Uniden PC78 Factory mic.

2X TRS 465's Factory Mics

3 Sears Road Talkers 1970's base and mobiles all have factory mics still working.

I could go one but you get the hint I am sure.

So what the heck are you doing to your radio that you are wearing out mics? If you use them but do not abuse them they tend to last a long long time.

I have to tell my 16-year-old boys not to swing headphones and mics by the cord. You also do not want to pull hard on them or pull them at a sharp angle. I also have been telling them for about 12 years not to tilt chairs up on two legs or rock in a non-rocking chair! LOL

If you are going through mics you are either abusing them or your soldering skills need some help. The exception would be CDL Class A in a rotating fleet of vehicles so you're taking your gear in and out of the truck constantly.

amen brother. agree 100%

I broke the tune pod in my dm-1000 how can i disable the talkback feature Because with the tune pod gone now its all the way up with the pod gone i dont want talk ack at all

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.